World Travel Awards 2020
Portugal shone at the World Travel Awards (WTA) 2020, considered the Oscars of Tourism and which once again distinguished Madeira as the best island destination, Lisbon as the best city break destination and the Algarve as the best beach destination in the world.
“Overcoming all constraints, we have preserved the reputation and notoriety of our destinations”, welcomes Rita Marques, Secretary of State for Tourism, considering that Portugal has shown the world that it is “a safe country, ready to welcome everyone”.
The World Travel Awards have been awarded annually, since 1993, by professionals in the sector on a worldwide scale, distinguishing the work developed in the tourism industry in order to stimulate the competitiveness and quality of tourism.
– World’s Leading Tourism Development Project 2020 – Dark Sky Alqueva, Portugal and Spain
– World’s Leading Golf & Villa Resort 2020 – Dunas Douradas Beach Club, Portugal
– World’s Leading Wine Region Hotel 2020 – L’AND Vineyards, Portugal
– World’s Leading Adventure Tourist Attraction 2020 – Passadiços do Paiva (Arouca UNESCO Global Geopark), Portugal
– World’s Leading Classic Hotel 2020 – Olissippo Lapa Palace Hotel, Portugal
– World’s Leading Conservation Company 2020 – Parks of Sintra – Monte da Lua, Portugal
– World’s Leading Airline to Africa 2020 – TAP Air Portugal
– World’s Leading Airline to South America 2020 – TAP Air Portugal
– World’s Leading Inflight Magazine 2020 – Up Magazine (TAP Air Portugal)
– World’s Leading Fine Dining Hotel Restaurant 2020 – Vila Joya Hotel Restaurant Vila Joya, Portugal